Saturday, December 22, 2012

Allison James, Gladney Intern

 In the spring of 2008, I graduated from Loyola University in Maryland, with a BA in Public Relations. I chose to turn down a job in marketing to follow my passion for service by joining Teach for America in Miami-Dade, Florida. This decision would change my life path forever.
 
Over the course of the next four years, I had the opportunity to teach 4th grade, Kindergarten, and work in Teach for America's regional development office. Inspired by the remarkable children and families that I worked with in Miami, I enrolled at Columbia University's School of Social Work in New York City where I am currently working to earn my Masters in Social Work (MSW).
 
I am honored to intern at Gladney's New York office as part of my masters program. During this holiday season I cannot help but feel privileged to meet and work with so many wonderful families who have adopted or are waiting to adopt through China or Taiwan. In just three short months, I have become a passionate advocate for Asia adoption. I am looking forward to meeting many more families during the Chinese New Year celebrations!

No comments: