Monday, February 25, 2013

Celebrating Chinese New Year in Texas


"Chinese New Year is always a fun event to celebrate with the New York tristate area families. This year, I had extra good luck for the Holiday, I was able to travel to Texas with Pat Marcus from Superkids to celebrate with Gladney families in the Dallas/Fort Worth and Houston areas! Pat and I gave an update on the Guang Ming program and the great work that Superkids has been up to lately!

April and Pat,out and about in Texas, celebrating the Chinese New Year!

It was amazing to meet many of parents and kids in person that I had previously only seen in pictures. To enjoy time together with them was definitely the highlight of the trip! Opportunities like this remind me how much I love what I do - there's nothing that can compare to finding homes for children that need them and watching families change and grow!"

- April Uduhiri - China Guang Ming Caseworker

No comments: